A new glassical idea …
Sometimes a project will lay untouched because its lacking that little something more, and I can’t find just the right thing. That was the case with a garden wreath I had started over a month ago. But, finally after sifting through old jewelry and my basket of rusty stuff, I discovered a way to make some cute little blooms that would work beautifully in many instances.
It all started with a handful of small Christmas bells….
Curious to see what one would look like, and thinking it might resemble petals, I bent back the top .. and there was that big beautiful center just waiting to be filled with something pretty.
Pearls and glass beads were glued in with E6000.
After the glue was dry, the petals were rolled back slightly and shaped with round pointed pliers.
A wire stem was inserted through the small metal loop on the bottom the bell, and squeezed tight. Some loops were brittle from rust, which made them fragile. I pre-shaped my wires before inserting them to avoid any unnecessary pressure, or twisting, on the loop.
A rusty star shape was glued to the bottom of the large mauve bead, and chosen for my project. It’s done now and will be ready to share with you in a few days.
The pearl flowers have really grabbed my attention. I adore them, and already have something special in mind for them. 🙂
These little blooms have me looking at all my little scrap bits and pieces a little differently now as I sort through them .. there’s a lot of possibilities out there.
Have a wonderful day, I’ll be back soon!
4 thoughts on “Salvaged Art Blooms DIY Tutorial”
I love your idea on the Salvaged Art Blooms! Great job!!
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank You Rhonda. I think you’ll be seeing a lot more of this kind of art at the market next year!
I love your idea,so creative! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank You for visiting my blog and for the follow!